1.0 What are cookies?
The main purposes for cookies on the Site are to allow the Site to function correctly and to help keep it secure.
The cookies also make sure you receive the most relevant information from WowThanks.
Yes. We use this information to allow the Site to function correctly by ensuring you can securely log in to the Site and remain logged in for the duration of your session.
3.0 Cookie classifications
4.0 What type of Cookies do we use?
There is one type of cookie used on the Site, which is strictly necessary. It is called a ‘Session Cookie’.
A Session Cookie exists only while the user is reading and navigating the website. Session Cookies enable users to carry out essential tasks on our Site. Without them, the Site will not function correctly. This type of cookie expires as soon as you exit the browser you are using to view our Site. This type of cookie is not stored in your computer or mobile device and does not store any personal data.
You can delete Session Cookies however, as outlined above, the site will not function appropriately.
Here is a breakdown of the Session Cookies used:
These assist with the onsite customer experience and alert us of any issues that customers might be experiencing. They expire when you terminate the browser session.
This cookie runs on the Microsoft Windows Azure cloud platform. This cookie ties the users session to an individual server to make sure the visitor page requests are routed to the same server in any browsing session to enable the Site to keep track of your movement from page to page so you don’t get asked for the same information you’ve already given to the Site. They expire when you terminate the browser session.
5.0 Who has access to the Cookies?
7.0 Additional Information
For more information on cookies and cookie legislation, please visit the following sites:
Most web browsers give you some control over cookies through the browser settings. However, turning cookies off may interfere with your browsing experience.
For instructions on how to manage and disable cookies, see the privacy and help documentation of your specific browser’s website. If you use more devices and/or browsers you will need to disable cookies on each device and on each browser separately.
8.0 How to Delete, Block or Accept Cookies
How to manage and disable cookies on popular browsers
- Open Chrome
- At the top right, click More
- Click More tools > Clear browsing data
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time
- Next to “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files,” check the boxes Click Clear data
- Open Microsoft Edge
- Click on More options ( symbol) on the top right corner of the browser.
- Select Settings from the drop down menu.
- Click on Choose what to clear under Clear browsing data.
- Check the Cookies and saved website data (and any other data you want to clear) and click onClear button.
- Click the menu button and choose Options
- Select the Privacy & Security panel
- In the Cookies and Site Data section, click Clear Data
- Remove the check mark in front of Cookies and Site Data
- With Cached Web Content check marked, click the Clear button
- Close the about:preferences page
- Any changes you’ve made will automatically be saved
Microsoft Internet Explorer
In Internet Explorer, select the Tools button, point to Safety, and then select Delete browsing history.
Choose the types of data or files you want to remove from your PC, and then select Delete.
- In the Safari app on your Mac, choose Safari > Preferences, click Privacy, then do any of the following:
- Block cookies: Select “Block all cookies”.
- Remove stored cookies and data: Click Manage Website Data, select one or more websites, then click Remove or Remove All.
- See which websites store cookies or data: Click Manage Website Data.
For more information about how to manage cookies, including opting-out of different types of cookies please visit www.aboutcookies.org.
9.0 Contacting WowThanks
This policy has been last modified by WowThanks on 8th August 2022.